Covid-19 Safety at MetSoc 2022
It is the policy of MetSoc 2022 that attendees wear high-quality, well-fitting masks within the conference session rooms at the SEC venue, removing their masks only the minimal amount necessary to eat and drink. This policy is in force even if local regulations are less strict, but may be superseded by stricter local regulations. Furthermore, the organisers strongly encourage attendees to be cautious with masking in indoor space outside the conference venue (e.g. on public transit or while in crowded spaces away from the venue) to avoid bringing Covid to the venue.
SEC - Covid Policies
The Scottish Event Campus's priority is the safety and wellbeing of their customers, clients and employees. A number of additional safety measures have been introduced, following current guidance and regulations:
- Ventilation: Ventilation has been increased, improving fresh air circulation by changing air handling units to draw in fresh air, as opposed to recirculating air.
- Cleaning: Enhanced cleaning throughout the venue before, during and after your visit, with a focus on high touch point areas.
- Hygiene: Sanitising stations are available throughout the venue and visitors are encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly.
- Contactless: SEC venues operate a cashless system. Only accept contactless or card payments will be accepted at the box office, food & drink outlets, merchandise sales points and cloakroom.
- Communication: Signage will be placed around the venue to remind you of these measures.
You can view this information here: https://www.sec.co.uk/visitor-information/covid-19-customer-update
Staying safe while attending MetSoc 2022 in person
This is essential information for anyone who will be present at our conference.
Before you leave
We strongly encourage all participants to test before travelling to the conference and you should not travel if your test is positive.
Please ensure that you have checked with your airline to understand their policies regarding Covid-19 and have adequate travel insurance in place.
Please ensure you have taken the time to read all of the latest advice about travel to Scotland. You can find this information here.
If you test positive for COVID-19 and will not be out of your isolation period prior to your travel date/start of the conference, or if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you must not attend the conference. In these circumstances, you can attend virtually instead and will receive a refund for the difference in fee. Notice must be sent by email to email@example.com prior to the conference.
At the conference
It is expected there will be no legal Covid-19 restrictions in place in Scotland during MetSoc 2022 [https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/]. However, to ensure everyone’s safety, and with the purpose of making everyone comfortable at the conference, please carefully consider the following if you are attending in person:
• It is the policy of MetSoc 2022 that attendees wear high-quality, well-fitting masks within the conference session rooms at the SEC venue, removing their masks only the minimal amount necessary to eat and drink. We strongly encourage you to bring your own mask while at the SEC, but a small number of masks will also be available at the venue.
• The organisers strongly encourage attendees to be cautious with masking in indoor space outside the conference venue (e.g., on public transit or while in crowded areas away from the venue) to avoid bringing Covid to the venue.
• We encourage delegates to take a Covid test each morning at their accommodation before coming to the SEC – lateral flow tests will be made available for those who need them.
• Room capacity at SEC in most cases is likely to exceed the number of attendees: we encourage the use of seats to optimise social distancing.
• If you start to feel ill or test positive during the conference, please leave the SEC immediately, and do not come to the SEC anymore.
• Regular handwashing is strongly encouraged and there are also hand sanitising stations around the SEC.
• SEC is a large space: to avoid crowded situations, we recommend making optimal use of the available spaces, particularly during coffee breaks.
• Speakers and session chairs are not required to wear masks while presenting, as there is enough distance between the speakers and the audience.
• A small number of masks and lateral flow device tests are available at the registration desk, but please be prepared and bring your own to Glasgow.
We come from different countries and different personal experiences about Covid-19, and for many of us MetSoc 2022 is the first hybrid conference after the peaks of the pandemic. In order to support interpersonal relations, we will use a “traffic light system” with stickers to attach to your badge to indicate your feelings on social distancing:
• Red: keep a distance
• Amber: being cautious, no touching
• Green: handshakes and hugs ok
Plan ahead to return home
Please ensure you know the COVID testing requirements for return travel back into your country of origin. The requirements are available on your Government website.
If you require a PCR test to fly home, you can contact these test centres to book in advance:
Reach Pharmacy (0.5 miles from SEC)
1094 Argyle St
Randox Health Travel Centre (city centre, 1.5 miles from SEC)
150 Howard Street